If you’re adopting a tool like Drift and the methodology of Conversational Marketing, chances are high that you’re already a progressive and thought-leading marketer. But what happens if your technology stack isn’t quite as advanced as you?
What do you do if you don’t have a marketing automation tool like Hubspot, Marketo, and Pardot or a CRM like Salesforce?
Even if you do, what if you need to pass leads to a different system first?
However, there might be a simpler option available to you (depending on your needs). We made a simple form handler that automatically simulates submitting a form on your website every time an email address is captured.
Copy and paste this code right below the place you installed your Drift snippet and swap out
https://api.yoursite.com/form/endpoint/here with the place your form submissions normally go (or the new endpoint you made for this project).
Where this solution works really well:
- Drift doesn’t integrate with your tools
- You don’t have tons of developer resources
- You don’t have/want to pay for/manage Zapier
- You simply need to forward emails captured into another tool
Where this solution falls short:
- You need to control who is qualified enough to get into your other tools (this sends anyone with an email address)
- You need tons of other information about the lead (this only sends email (unless you pass other variables into the code)